The Haywood County Historical & Genealogical Society, Inc is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving information and serving the citizens of Haywood County.
- To discover, collect, codify and preserve historical materials, primarily related to Haywood County, in whatever form, physical, written, recorded and oral, for the benefit of the Society, the County and the public.
- To make historic materials accessible, in so far as it is possible, for scholarly research, for the benefit of the County through its officials, and to educate and build a pride of their history in the general public.
- To promote an interest in family history and genealogy, within the Society and the general public and teach the methods and sources necessary for successful family research.
- To collect genealogical books, family records, and research materials that will aid its members and non-resident researchers.
- To serve the public at large by providing a means of the exchange of genealogical information and a means of collecting and preserving genealogical data for the use of other researchers in family history.
Board of Directors
The Haywood County Historical and Genealogical Society, Inc. is governed by an elected Board of Directors. The HCHGS Board of Directors consists of: elected officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer), the immediate Past President and five Directors (Director of History, Director of Genealogy, and three At-Large Directors). Board meetings are held bimonthly at a time and location determined by the Board.
The Society has the following standing committees: Program Committee, Publicity & Media Committee, Membership Committee, Newsletter Committee, Outreach Committee, Electronic Communication Committee, Historic Sites Committee, Collection & Archives Committee, and Museum Committee.
Legal Disclaimer & Terms and Conditions of Use
The Haywood County Historical and Genealogical Society, hereafter referred to as HCHGS, has made this website and its content available for the educational benefit and purposes of its members and the public at large in accordance with its by-laws and status as a tax-exempt non-profit corporation. Any user that accesses this site agrees that their use of the site is voluntary, and said use constitutes acceptance and adherence to all terms and conditions stated here.
The name and logo of HCHGS appearing on this website may not be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate HCHGS’s sponsorship or affiliation with any product or service, without HCHGS’s prior express written permission from the Board of Directors.
This website and all materials on this site are subject to copyrights owned by the HCHGS, affiliates, members, and/or other individuals / entities. Reproduction, retransmission, or republication of all or any part of any webpage or document on this site is expressly prohibited unless HCHGS (or the copyright owner of the material) has expressly granted its written consent from the Board of Directors to so reproduce, retransmit, or republish the material . All other rights are reserved by HCHGS. This website and the contents of each page are subject to the copyright of HCHGS to the fullest extent permitted by law. HCHGS reserves all of its rights, title and interest under such copyright.
HCHGS is providing information and services on the Internet as a benefit to the interests of the HCHGS and our members. HCHGS makes no representations about the reliability of this information for any purpose. The HCHGS website includes links providing direct access to other websites, HCHGS takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on those other websites, and does not exert any editorial or other control over those other websites. No warranties or representations are given regarding the information on this website or on other linked websites.