Membership in the HCHGS
Membership is open to all persons interested in Haywood County History and Genealogy. Applicants need not be residents of Haywood County, nor do they need to have had ancestors in the county to benefit from HCHGS membership. Annual membership dues should be submitted by December 31st for the upcoming year. Please review our membership brochure and application for more information about membership and dues.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Informative Member Meetings – The HCHGS conducts member meetings in January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- Ancestor Information Files – The HCHGS maintains an electronic surname database with information from family trees submitted by our members. Preserve your family tree in the HCHGS Surname database. Access to this database is limited to HCHGS members.
- Quarterly Newsletter – The HCHGS publishes a quarterly newsletter, Balsam Roots. All memberships include an annual subscription to this award winning newsletter. Members are welcome to submit material to the newsletter for publication consideration in addition to queries.
- Workshops – Informative Workshops are scheduled throughout the year. Information about upcoming workshops is announced on our meetings page and in the newsletter.
- Queries – Members may submit queries for publication in the quarterly newsletter in addition to the query services available through the Query Request Form.
- Publications – The HCHGS issues a publications catalog twice a year containing a list of publications available for purchase.
- Research Advice – The HCHGS has the privilege of counting several experienced researchers amongst its membership who are available to offer advice.