Each year, The Haywood County Historical & Genealogical Society’s members work on various projects in an effort to collect, organize, preserve, and share information about this area and its people. Some of these projects produce publications that are available for purchase through the HCHGS. A Publications Catalog is issued twice a year, containing the most current list of publications available for purchase directly through the HCHGS.
In addition to the above mentioned publications, the HCHGS has produced several guides, booklets and forms that are available in PDF format:
- HCHGS HCHGS Membership Brochure and Application
- The HCHGS Where To Start genealogy research guide – Coming Soon
- Common Nicknames Reference Sheet
- Use a Relationship Chart to determine relationship to new found cousins
- Genealogy Research Source Checklist
- Use an Ancestor Chart to document your ancestors
General Reference & Forms
- Use a Research Correspondence Log Sheet to track written correspondence
The HCHGS also publishes a quarterly newsletter, Balsam Roots.