Haywood County, NC Genealogy
The first step for many researchers in documenting their Family History is to complete a set of pedigree charts. Research and patience will help you fill in all those blank spaces and before long you will have a Family Tree. To develop a clear understanding of your ancestors it is sometimes necessary to look deeper; study the people and how they lived, their struggles and triumphs. The HCHGS has several resources available to assist you with your research:
- Check our Genealogy Research Guide, HCHGS Blog and Newsletter for pointers about locating and researching records in Haywood County, NC.
- The Research Resources page contains information about the HCHGS Resource Center and links to several online resources.
- The HCHGS has a guide titled “Where To Start”, to help researchers begin their search. This guide is intended to offer pointers and general reference information. While the guide is written for beginners, it is useful to researchers of any experience level. The “Where to Start” guide and other helpful publications are available through this website’s Publications page.
- To learn more about the Haywood County area and the events that took place during your ancestors’ lives, visit our History pages.
- Haywood County, NC: The War of 1812 – A roster of Haywood County soldiers in the War of 1812.
For information on submitting queries to the HCHGS, please visit our Contact Us page.